Media coverage of #W2D2017 and the legal translation profession
Below is a list of reports and commentary across different media channels, published during and after the conference.
- On Friday 3 February 2017, #W2D2017 was featured in the column ‘The Brief’ of The Times newspaper, written by Frances Gibb and Jonathan Ames;
- The highly respected legal correspondent Edward Fennell wrote a piece about #W2D2017 in his ‘Law Diary’ in The Times on Thursday 8 February 2017:
- Margaret Marks posted on her blog Transblawg here and about universities and translators here;
- Jennifer Whiteley published some reflections on her blog Lakesidelinguist;
- Danae Hosek-Ugolini wrote a conference report for the ITI Bulletin, published in its March-April issue;
- The Finnish Association of Translators and Interpreters (SKTL) has just published a piece by Laura Vuorinen here (in Finnish);
- Christine Schmit, Vice-President of the Association luxembourgeoise des traducteurs published a report in the association’s magazine, reproduced on her blog here (in French);
- Karen Rückert wrote a piece which was published by the august German legal publisher Beck in the Neue Juristische Wochenschrift, issue 17/2017, and is now available here on the publisher’s blog;
- You can get a flavour of things by looking up the conference hashtag on Twitter #W2D2017.
Several other delegates are now busy writing reports in other languages. French, Polish, Czech, and Greek are in the pipeline, so I’ll post links to these as soon as they become available.